5 Tips on Choosing a Geometric Rug
So you already know the type of fine area rug you want – a modern geometric design, but what else should you have in mind before making that important purchase?
We at Alyshaan are happy to guide you on how to choose the geometric rug that’s right for you.
1. Assess your decor needs: First and most important is to be aware of your precise décor needs – is the rest of the fabric and upholstery going to be plain, printed or focused on single solid colors? The geometric rug design will need to complement the rest of the design aesthetic. So if you have a solid neutral colored sofa with only accent cushions adding color, then you can safely included a bold geometric design area rug. It can even include bold color choices if you make the rug a focal point in the room.
2. Focus or focal point: This ties in directly with the first tip – you need to decide what the main focus of the room will be. Will you be keeping the area rug as the focal point? If yes, then again that gives you a clear cue on the design – bold geometric design, and color. The geometric rugs come in a variety of designs, even tribal and can make for a beautiful focus, adding life to a room. Alyshaan offers a variety of such designs (view our online gallery for select geometric designs).
3. Bring inspirational swatches: Fabric or color swatches are always good to bring along when coming in store to view a variety of geometric rugs. This not only saves time for you since you have a color or inspirational fabric swatch with you, but also allows you to check right then and there which potential rugs make the cut. Inspirational fabric swatches can include the upholstery fabric you plan to use for example, so its important to ensure the area rug selected creates the right complement.
4. Keep in mind the vibe you want: Color goes a long way in setting the right tone or creating the precise vibe you want for the room. So if you want to create an inviting vibe, opt for warm colors in your geometric design area rug. Similarly, if you want to have a room with an energetic tone then you should consider bright, contrasting colors in the geometric design. Whereas soft colors, pastels and cool tones will give a calm, peaceful vibe.
5. Choose quality: When you’ve made the decision to invest in an area rug, remember quality is key and you want your home to reflect just that. Don’t compromise on area rug quality. The best option is handmade or hand knotted fine area rug. The design options are immense and you can be sure to have excellent after sales service available as well as home care guidance.
These tips should help give you a starting point for when you set out to select a fine area rug for your special space. If you still feel unsure, then visit us at our Alyshaan Fine Rugs store in Scottsdale for assistance from one of our experts. You can even avail an in-home design consultation service, our designer comes directly to your home and guides you based on your needs and the precise area in your home to cover. We even bring the rugs to your home and show them at no additional cost.