You spend so much time and energy in making sure every inch of your home is exactly the way you envision, even down to that fine area rug you may have invested in.
Here we share the most helpful tips to protect your fine area rugs; ensuring your prized rugs are always in prime condition!
- Use a Rug Pad – Using a rug pad goes a long way in helping to preserve your area rugs. Why skimp on a rug pad when you’ve already made that investment on a fine area rug? Not only do rug pads allow greater protection against slipping, they also ensure that the rug
- Vacuum – It’s important to vacuum your fine area rug to remove the dirt and grime that may be stuck in the fibers and rug pile. Also, don’t forget to vacuum the underside of your fine rug – you can do this once every six months or whenever it’s easy to manage. Vacuuming is one of the easiest ways to ensure your area rug looks good and increases the time between professional cleanings.
- Rotate Your Rug – This might come as a surprise to most but high traffic rooms often see more wear and tear and so it’s always wise to rotate your rug once a year to avoid having one side heavily worn out.
- Tackle Stains Right Away – Just like you would hate to get an oil or red wine stain on your favorite silk blouse, so too must you be extra careful with your prized fine area rug. Allowing a stain to settle is never the best way to preserve the beauty of your rug. Instead, try tackling stains at the earliest so they don’t settle in and become harder to remove later.
- Avoid Direct Sunlight – To preserve the colors of your fine area rug, it is a good practice to keep them away from prolonged exposure to direct sunlight. Just like you wouldn’t leave your clothes out in the sun for days (because it would affect the color pigment and cause it to fade), so too should you be careful when it comes to your area rugs.
- Professional cleaning – While regular vacuuming will go a long way in keeping your area rugs clean, it is always advised that you have your prized rug professionally cleaned every one to two years. This is the best way to get out all the dirt and grime that may have accumulated over time and not removed through at home vacuuming. Always be careful about selecting a rug cleaning service that assesses your rug type first because depending on the type of material used, the cleaning will also vary.
Following these simple tips will go a long way in preserving the beauty and value of your décor rugs for years to come!
Alyshaan Fine Rugs also offers professional rug cleaning services, so give us a call or drop-in at the store and we will be happy to be of assistance.